Text + images guide
Forms by Trust let you easily gather testimonials from your clients.
When you open the “Forms” tab for the first time, you see one defaul form that you can start using immediately.
1. To create a new testimonial request form, press the “New Form” button.
2. Choose the “General” tab to define the main settings for your form.
– Give your form a private name that will be displayed only in your dashboard.
– Click on toggle buttons to specify which customer feedback types you want the form to include.
– If you want to make a client’s photo uploading necessary, turn the appropriate feature on. Without sharing a photo or logo, a person won’t be able to submit their testimonial.
When the feature is turned off, it’s up to the client to decide whether to upload an image or proceed without it. Trust will replace it with a silhouette image later on.
– Set “Allow Video Links” on to let your customers share URLs or HTML codes of their existing Facebook or Youtube videos.
– Enable the “Video message” feature to record a sweet 4-minute video (or upload one) and personally say hello, thank clients for their time, and give an incentive that motivates them to fill out the form.
It will pop up right after a client opens a form, and disappear after being played, see the example below.
After that, the forth “Video Message” tab will appear in the row.
– Switch the “Contract Mandatory” feature on if you want to sign an online contract with a specific person or company.
❗ Please keep in mind that this feature is visible and editable only for individual testimonial requests (when you pre-fill a testimonial and send its URL to the client). Check this guide for more info.
– Set “Show Guidelines” on to give clients some tips on how to fill out the form or share any other information.
After that, the fifth “Guidelines” tab will appear in the row.
3. Choose the “Texts” tab to define the content of your form.
– Give your form a public name that will be displayed in the header of your survey.
– Upload your business’ logo or choose one from the dropdown menu.
– Specify a testimonial question and a description of the “Star Rating” field.
– Edit text in the “Public Data” section if you want to change the description.
– Add a checkbox with a custom consent message to the form enabling the “Ask for Consent” feature.
When this feature is on, a client is required to tick a checkbox for a testimonial submission. Later you can also find the date and time when you received that consent.
– Set “Ask for Social Media Profile” on to collect this information and display it as a part of testimonials on your website.
– Edit text in the “Footer and Button” section if you want to rename the button.
– Enable the “Thank You Page” feature to show clients your appreciation and offer a reward as well.
A client will see it after submitting a testimonial.
3. Choose the “Styles” tab to define the design of your form.
– Select “Onpage” or “Steps” template in the dropdown menu.
– Enable “Advanced Settings” to customize the form’s colors.
– To reset color settings, click the circle button.
4. Choose the “Video Message” tab to upload or record your own video.
After you press the “Record Video” button, you see the video preview.
Press the ⚙ button in the lower left corner to change your camera and microphone settings.
Hover over the microphone and camera icons to see suggestions.
You’ll have 3 seconds to prepare after you click on the “Record” button.
Once finished, you can pick a covershot and watch the full video that you’ve just created. If you don’t like it, hit the “Delete Video” button below.
If you decide to upload a video that is longer than 2 minutes, Trust will automatically cut it.
5. Choose the “Guidelines” tab to add any personalized or general text that you consider necessary for your clients.
Clients will see it on the right side of the testimonial request form.
6. Press the “Save” button.
7. Edit, copy and delete saved forms.
If you want to create a similar form based on an existing one, press the “Clone” button to have its copy, and now you can adjust the settings.