Are you lost finding a VideoAsk alternative and a fast-tracked solution to amp up your social proof with reviews? You’re at the right place.
VideoAsk is quite an expensive tool for the limited number of features compared to the alternatives. So, are the noteworthy contenders worth your money and effort?
In this article, we will look at 4 alternatives to VideoAsk – Trust, Bonjoro, Qwary, and Testimonial, and contemplate their benefits and shortcomings, pricing, and more to see which of these software stands out to boost your credibility, the right way.
- VideoAsk – Easy-to-use software with an asynchronous video format to collect and organize video testimonials. But provides inadequate video time.
- Trust – A complete solution for text and video questions & answers series, testimonials and external reviews, inexpensive, feature-rich, and a perfect fit for your marketing strategy.
- Bonjoro – Send hyper-personalized video messages to your warm leads and existing customers, and drive more conversions with testimonials. No widget customization or video editing options.
- Qwary – An AI-driven review tool to create high-quality video surveys with a basic testimonial collection feature.
- Testimonial – Create your testimonials landing page and get video metrics to analyze performance. It lacks options to embed reviews outside websites and has zero video editing options.
VideoAsk by Typeform enables interactive video conversations with your customers. It is well known for its asynchronous video format framework.
What does it mean? You would first record or upload a video of you asking questions to your customers or audience by following a selected template. Later, you request a response in your preferred format, embed the video/audio in an email, share it in a URL, or add it to your website as a widget.
What’s good about VideoAsk?
Here are some of the key benefits of using VideoAsk to collect testimonials:
- It provides a video template to record questions and get quicker responses seamlessly.
- Has a good lead generation process with pre-recorded videos and an in-app conditional logic flow.
- Videos are readily transcribed and stored in a single dashboard in the same format.
- Offers a way to upload raw VideoAsk video responses to your website, emails, socials, etc.
- Get analytics delivered for insights related to clicks, conversions, visits, and more.
- A large community of users by Typeform provides extensive support for most concerns.
What’s not so good about VideoAsk?
- The price can quickly scale up depending on the additional video minutes you consume, as every plan has a default set of minutes.
- Although you have more control over your video responses, VideoAsk barely provides editing options to edit the final video before publishing.
- Not every customer would prefer the questionnaire format of the video testimonial sent to them.
- No options to collect customer photos and a product / service rating.
- Limited video sizes and fewer options to display them on websites.
The biggest drawback of VideoAsk’s pricing methods is its restriction on video minutes, i.e., the number of minutes you or your customers take to generate video content on the software.
Based on this, VideoAsk has three pricing plans and here are what they include:
- Start: It’s free, and the video/audio minutes are limited to 20 minutes a month, which is barely enough to create under four videos. The plan allows you to add up to 3 more users from your team and includes conditional logic (custom conversation paths) and most core features.
- Grow: Provides up to 100 video/audio minutes a month, partial VideoAsk branding, multi-user support of up to 5 users, unlimited steps for creating a video, and more. It is priced at $30/mo for monthly billings or $24/mo when paid annually.
- Brand: Suitable for a larger team with up to 10 users, but the video/audio minutes provided are only up to 200 minutes a month. And if you wish to add more minutes, you would have to pay an additional fee. This plan is priced at $50/mo for monthly billings or $40/mo when paid annually.
The final verdict? VideoAsk is not for you if you’re starting out or are a small business looking for a comprehensive, reasonable solution to fetching and showcasing top-quality reviews.
Let’s now look at the four best VideoAsk alternatives you could consider using right away.
VideoAsk alternative #1 – Trust: To easily capture and showcase video testimonials
If you are looking for a simple yet all-inclusive platform to collect video feedback and use it for marketing or any other purposes, then you could never go wrong with Trust.
Get closer to sealing a deal. With Trust, you make it easier for potential customers to move down the sales funnel by letting them relate to your irresistible customer testimonials on your website, emails, landing pages and paid ads.
Trust gives you a wide array of options to publish video feedback on your desired channels compared to VideoAsk. Additionally, you can collect other feedback types such as 5-star ratings, NPS and PMF ratings, etc., which are equally critical to showcase your credibility.
Want to feature your reviews from Google, Facebook and review sites? With Trust integrations, you can import and add them to your website with Trust’s stunning widgets.
How does Trust outperform VideoAsk?
Here are more reasons why we believe Trust to be an all-in-one solution for video feedback and the BEST VideoAsk alternative:
- Trust covers the main VideoAsk feature – interactive video conversations – that’s called “Questions & Answers series” here.
- You can add supportive guidelines to your Questions & Answers series to make sure that you get a high-quality feedback from your customers.
- All forms by Trust include consent checkboxes, so you never need to worry about sharing best videos publicly.
- You can set up a hassle-free video feedback collection with clean online forms by sharing their URL or adding them directly to your website.
- You can auto transcribe your testimonial videos and generate subtitles for them. Save these logo-free testimonials and use them for any purposes!
- Want to show prospects that you’re the real deal? Trust lets you quickly import and add links to your clients’ social media profiles or the review sources.
- No more clutter. You can manage all of your testimonials and ratings from a single dashboard.
- Beautify your landing pages. Display your videos or text reviews with Trust’s impressive collection of widgets or pop-up notifications.
- Not tech-savvy? No problem. Trust provides a step-by-step guide to publishing and embedding videos or forms on your desired platform.
- Easy integration with CMS platforms such as Hubspot, website builders such as Wix, WordPress, and many more.
Trust Vs. VideoAsk review by Capterra shows Trust to be a clear winner:
Any drawbacks of Trust?
- Unlike VideoAsk, there is not much that Trust lacks except in the missing customer insights (visits, clicks, answers, and completions) that VideoAsk provides.
- No video editing features yet, but they are added to Trust’s roadmap!
How do VideoAsk and Trust compare in price?
Here’s a quick comparison:
Trust offers a Free-forever plan for your ten testimonials showed on your website, but you can collect and keep unlimited text and video feedback.
The pricing plans are minimally priced at $16/mo for annual payments or $19/mo for monthly payments with the Starter plan. VideoAsk’s least priced plan starts at $24/mo if paid yearly or $30/mo for monthly cycles.
For the value you get compared to Trust, VideoAsk is an expensive option for small businesses, solopreneurs, and medium-sized businesses. Because with VideoAsk, they have no other option but to purchase additional video minutes (starting at $54/mo) if their number of video/audio testimonials increases in any month.
And another great benefit of Trust’s pricing is its 14-day free trial period with every plan.
VideoAsk alternative #2 – Bonjoro: To create engaging, super personalized videos
Bonjoro provides several easy-to-use video tools with a focus on driving more conversions. Along with video testimonials, their offering includes video messaging for lead generation.
You can send personalized video messages to your prospects or new customers as soon as they make an inquiry or subscribe.
Collecting video testimonials is also a breeze with Bonjoro. It provides a simple framework where you request a testimonial, and you can share it in a link, tag your received response, and publish them in a single click.
How does Bonjoro outperform VideoAsk?
Here are some key Bonjoro features that outshine VideoAsk:
- Form your custom questions with a testimonial request. With this, your clients find it super simple to follow through and can answer them in a video or text format.
The form (questionnaire) can have up to 6 question series. You can add text questions and text or video answer options.
- A platform to utilize videos as testimonials as well as lead magnets. Bonjoro lets you embed client videos in emails, websites, and social media.
- Easy, no-code video publishing support.
- Organize and sort your videos seamlessly with custom tags.
- It offers integration with plenty of tools.
Any drawbacks of Bonjoro?
- Unlike Trust, there are no customizable widgets and a lack of video transcription / editing features.
- You can’t add video questions to testimonial request forms.
- Only 1 testimonial request form type that you can’t embed to your website.
- No option to import reviews or ratings from other platforms.
- Very limited number of testimonials that you can show on your website (testimonial publishables).
How do VideoAsk and Bonjoro compare in price?
Bonjoro offers two sets of pricing plans – for Solo users and Teams.
The free plan is suitable for solopreneurs and startups. You get unlimited testimonials and 50 videos monthly, but zero testimonials are publishable.
Its most popular plan, Pro for teams, starts at $69/mo monthly and $59/mo for yearly billings. These price points are pretty cheaper than VideoAsk, considering the number of video testimonials you get.
But the only drawback with Bonjour’s pricing is the limited number of video testimonials publishable for each plan. For instance, the Pro plan has only 3.
VideoAsk alternative #3 – Qwary: An AI-driven tool to capture feedback
Focused on creating an optimum experience for your customers and employees, Qwary is a great tool for creating video surveys and learning about their experiences through insights.
Qwary prioritizes understanding the customer journey using surveys and key insights, and you later use it to create a better customer-centric marketing strategy.
How does Qwary outperform VideoAsk?
- Qwary brings AI to action with its sentiment and intent analysis AI engine that helps you get better customer responses through video surveys.
- Lets you collect feedback or reviews through video surveys, emails, texts, and more.
- Provides actionable insights from your collected customer or employee feedback.
- To request video testimonials, you can record a video of yourself asking questions and invite your customers to send the response as a video or a text format.
- Copy-paste your videos with no fluff. The received responses can be easily embedded into your website, social media channels, and emails with a small piece of code.
Any drawbacks of Qwary?
- Poor UI/UX compared to its direct contenders such as Trust and Bonjour.
- Lack of native integrations with CRM or CMS tools.
- No features to edit your videos for quality checks before embedding them.
- You cannot import your reviews from other platforms to store them in a single place.
How do VideoAsk and Qwary compare in price?
Firstly, Qwary does not have a “free” plan but a 7-day free trial.
The plans are divided into Essential, Professional, and Ultimate, depending on the number of responses you are eligible for every month.
Its least priced plan – Essential costs $19/mo if billed yearly or $29/mo for monthly payments, making it 20% cheaper than VideoAsk.
But the limited monthly responses can be a huge constraint for businesses looking to reach out to more customers.
VideoAsk alternative #4 – Testimonial: To get your testimonial landing page
Tired of sending questionnaire templates to your customers such as in VideoAsk? Testimonial has a cleaner request process to collect feedback from your best customers and to use them as powerful social proof.
With Testimonial, you can create a dedicated landing page to showcase your testimonials and reviews. You can easily set one up in under five minutes without hosting headaches.
Testimonial’s video metrics feature is super valuable for your marketing teams to track and analyze video performance.
How does Testimonial outperform VideoAsk?
Since VideoAsk and Testimonial are mainly focused on capturing and publishing testimonials, it’s interesting to see how Testimonial stands out:
- You can set up your testimonial landing page in a few minutes. It’s a valuable feature for solopreneurs and freelancers with no website to showcase their client testimonials.
- Provides an organized dashboard to maintain all your reviews in one space.
- You can trim your videos and generate subtitles for them.
- Generates actionable video performance metrics to help your marketing teams which are missing in VideoAsk.
- Easy import of all reviews or feedback from platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and more.
- Quick integrations with no code tools under website building and workspace management.
- Unlike VideoAsk, no branding on any of your videos.
Any drawbacks of Testimonial?
- Some camera-shy customers would prefer a template as a guide to provide their feedback. And Testimonial has no feature for this aspect.
- No text or video question series.
- Only 1 option to collect customer feedback (Public landing page).
- Only 1 option to display testimonials on your website (Wall of Love).
How do VideoAsk and Testimonial compare in price?
Pricing-wise, Testimonial is pricier than VideoAsk, but it offers unlimited video time and testimonials, which was clearly missing in VideoAsk.
The Premium plan starts at $60/mo and is more suitable for growing businesses considering there’s no limit to the testimonials you could collect and no branding on your videos.
The bottom line
So, which out of the four VideoAsk alternatives stood the test of time? To answer that, here’s a quick and easy question for you:
Do you need a tool that fits right into your marketing strategy, guides your prospects down the sales funnel, enhances your website, and provides an all-in-one solution to create, publish, and manage your testimonials or reviews under a single hood?
The answer is Trust.
See it for yourself – sign up for the free trial today with no credit card info!