Answering lengthy text-based questionnaires is not everyone’s cup of tea.
Considering the many available alternatives, collecting feedback this way is time-consuming and impractical.
Video surveys are one such alternative.
In this guide, we discuss everything there’s to know about video surveys and how to create them effortlessly.
- A video survey is an online form that lets you ask video questions and get video answers from your customers and clients.
- Video surveys lend a platform for your customers to share unfiltered opinions, giving rise to rich qualitative feedback you can use to improve your business and make important choices.
- Video surveys can collect customer testimonials, perform market research, receive employee feedback, and be used for marketing collateral like email promotions, ads, etc.
- Remote interviews can be extra efficient with a video survey-like Q&A interview where applicants can be easily screened for recruitment.
- Videos can be recorded by your customers or employees on various devices in their own time, which is impossible with in-person face-to-face survey interviews.
- Use a robust video testimonial software like Trust that lets you create unlimited video surveys and collect valuable insights, effortlessly.
What are video surveys?
Video surveys are used to collect qualitative customer insights through feedback.
A video survey is a compelling way to talk about the customer’s story and experience with your company.
But why “video” surveys, you ask?
Videos allow your customers to openly discuss their experiences and share opinions compared to text-based survey forms that restrict their responses.
Video surveys by Trust
Moreover, video survey responses can attract and convert potential customers.
No wonder about 96% of marketers say videos are a significant part of their marketing strategies.
When to use video surveys?
Here are four occasions where video surveys provide the best results:
1. Collecting rich qualitative customer feedback
Customer feedback is social proof in action. But videos are the way to go if you wish to make feedback collection more authentic and filled with insights.
Your customers can be more open and genuine in a video survey for feedback.
Videos lend a platform for your customers to share unfiltered opinions, giving rise to rich qualitative feedback you can use to improve your products or services and make important business choices.
“The insights we’re getting from video surveys are like gold dust. There’s this whole new level of understanding we can reach when we see people’s faces and hear their voices. You can catch the little nuances, the smiles, and the thoughtful pauses, which make the feedback much richer and more valuable,” says Sudhir Katwani, the Founder at Money Mongers.
2. Researching market trends
Videos have a huge impact on the way researchers collect data.
Quantitative research methods like online video surveys, part of niche market groups, offer exclusive data on market trends.
For example, a health and beauty company adding an online video survey to gather feedback on competitor products and incentivising users who submit responses.
Such surveys add depth to otherwise written surveys by encouraging users to be more authentic.
3. Collecting employee feedback
Want to learn your employees’ perspectives and enhance their experiences working with you? Collect employee feedback using simple video surveys.
Employee testimonials and surveys can be used to understand an employee’s point of view and work toward making your workspace a place for growth and recognition.
4. Interviewing for recruitment
Remote interviews can be extra efficient with a video survey-like Q&A interview where applicants can be easily screened for recruitment.
Benefits of embedding and using video surveys over written surveys
Here’s why video surveys should be a part of your marketing strategy ASAP:
- Boost response rate: Videos are more engaging and visually appealing, causing more participants to submit their responses actively.
- Offer flexibility: Videos can be recorded by your customers or employees on various devices in their own time, which is impossible with in-person face-to-face survey interviews.
- Form a personal connection: A video can show customers’ emotions while communicating, which is key to forming a human connection with a brand and potential customers watching it. Utilizing AI dubbing in videos effectively synchronizes voices with content, thereby enhancing the portrayal of customer emotions during communication, a crucial element in building a human connection with both the brand and potential viewers.
- Greater versatility: Video surveys can collect customer testimonials, perform market research, receive employee feedback, and be used for marketing collateral like email promotions, ads, etc.
Matthew Lobas, the co-founder at Pressat, says, “We noticed a considerable change in response rates with video surveys, and asking customers or employees to record a short video might seem more interesting and less tedious than filling out a long written survey.”
He adds, “With video surveys, respondents can express emotions, intonations, and non-verbal cues. They provide a deeper understanding of their feelings and perspectives than just written words.”
Now that you have every reason to start using video surveys let us introduce you to a tool that helps you collect and publish high-quality video surveys in minutes.
How to create your own video survey using Trust – Mini tutorial
Here’s a quick step-wise tutorial to collect and publish video surveys using an easy tool:
1. Sign up for Trust’s free trial
Sign up for Trust’s 14-day free trial here – you don’t have to add your credit card!
2. Add workspace info and launch your dashboard
Add your website details and name your workspace, for example, “Video survey collection,” to launch the Trust dashboard.
Here, you can find and modify future video survey requests and publish them with a click. Trust dashboard also has a Quick Start guide and a Welcome tour to familiarize you with the platform.
Using the Trust dashboard, you can:
- Create new video survey forms to collect customer or employee responses.
- Track and modify sent forms.
- Publish forms by embedding them to your website or copy them as a shareable link to collect responses.
- Add customer or employee contacts for easier accessibility.
- Create email campaigns to schedule and send video survey forms.
3. Create an “Interactive survey form”
Trust’s Interactive forms lets you create a landing page-like survey form where users can easily record and submit their video responses.
And the best part? Kill monotony with Trust. Make your video surveys more engaging by creating a question-and-answer series where users can effortlessly answer each question with a video reply.
Here’s how you do it:
- Find “Survey Forms” on your dashboard, select New Form, and click Interactive form. Or, go to Forms > Add New > Interactive form.
- To create your very own survey form, enter basic details, like form name, company logo, and background colors needed for the final form, and label names under the “General” tab.
You can also enable “Video upload” and “Teleprompter”. On the right side of the screen, you can find an option to record your video questions.
Tip: Add brand colors to your form to make it look more native when published.
- Add your “welcome” message to survey submitters under the Welcome tab – add a title and subtitle. Here’s an example:
Tip: Add an incentive for the submitters to boost survey response rates. For example, discount codes, freebies, free upgrades, etc.
- Next, include a question-and-answer series where you can ask survey respondents questions either in video or text format. We recommend recording video questions for video surveys to make the process more interactive.
Click on the “Testimonial” tab, and under Question – “How do you prefer to ask a question?” select Video. For example, you could add a question pair: “How was your experience working with X?”
Next, under the Answer tab’s “Options to Answer,” select Video for your video survey. Scroll down to add specific guidelines to direct the user to submit a compelling video in a single take.
- Enable or disable the feature to accept star ratings (optional for video surveys).
- Ask for the submitter’s personal info, such as their name, company, email, and photo or avatar.
- Ask for their social profile links to add more credibility to published video surveys in the future.
- Under the “Send” tab, you can collect the submitter’s consent to use their video survey responses for marketing and publishing purposes. Scroll down to add/edit user redirects to a specific page on your website or the upcoming “Thank you” page.
- Finally, add a “thank you” note to appreciate the responders’ time and patience in answering your video survey. You could also add about an incentive, for example:
Scroll down to add your company’s social media pages where users can drop more reviews.
And you’re done! Click on Save, and your Interactive video survey form is ready.
4. Publish your interactive video survey form
Sharing and publishing video survey forms with Trust is quick and painless. On your Trust dashboard, you can find your recently created Interactive forms that are ready to be shared.
To share as a URL with your customers or employees, click on the “Copy form URL to dashboard” option under the Activity tab. Share this link in emails, messages, or social media:
Your users can now click on the “Share your feedback” button and start recording their video responses to your pre-recorded survey questions or upload an existing video:
To enable the teleprompter, users can toggle the “speaker” icon on the bottom right corner of the recorder:
Once submitted, users will be directed to the personal info, consent form, and thank-you page.
Similarly, if you wish to embed your video survey onto your website, click “Add to website” under Activity, select Inline or Pop-up format, copy the ready-to-use code to your clipboard, and add it to your website builder.
Up next on Trust – an in-built Video Editor to combine multiple video survey responses into a single publish-ready video along with your brand logo, video captions, subtitles, and more!
Watch this space for more updates!
5. Review your survey responses
Go back to your Trust dashboard, and under Testimonials, you can find recently published and unpublished submissions.
You can preview, publish, edit, or delete responses.
So that’s how simple Trust makes it to collect and publish video surveys through five super simple steps!
Trust is a cost-effective, time-saving, feature-rich solution to collect and publish video surveys from a single tool. With easy-to-use features and rich customizations, Trust lets you gather survey responses and gain insightful feedback without losing your sanity.
Ready to start your journey with Trust? Sign up for a 14-day all-access free trial today without any credit card info.